Ton is the next generation network aiming to unite all blockchains and the existing Internet. TON blockchain was launched by the founders of Telegram — Doctor Nikolay Durov and Pavel Durov — and later handed over to open TON Community which has been supporting and developing it since then.
Apart from processing millions of transactions per second, TON blockchain-based ecosystem has all the chances to give rise to a genuine Web3.0 Internet with decentralized storage, anonymous network, DNS, instant payments, and various decentralized services:
- TON Blockchain. The heart of the platform is the unique blockchain with a scalable and flexible architecture consisting of a master chain and up to 292 accompanying blockchains. Top-notch approaches and methods implemented in TON make sure it will live up to its bold promise of processing millions of transactions per second
- TON Payments. A platform for micropayments, micropayment channels, and a micropayment channel network. It can be used for fast off-chain value transfers, and for paying for services powered by TON Services
- TON Proxy. Is used to hide the identity and IP addresses of TON Network nodes if necessary (e.g., nodes committing transactions from accounts with large amounts of cryptocurrency or high-stake blockchain validator nodes who wish to hide their exact IP address and geographical location as a measure against DDoS attacks)
- TON DNS. A service for assigning human-readable names to accounts, smart contracts, services, and network nodes
- TON Storage. TON Storage is a distributed file-storage technology accessible through the TON P2P Network. Think of a better version of Dropbox for simplicity. This torrent-like technology relies on smart contracts for availability and has strong potential with regard to storing and exchanging large amounts of data
- TON Services. TON Services provides a versatile platform for third-party services. It enables smartphone-like friendly interfaces for decentralized apps and smart contracts, as well as a World Wide Web-like decentralized browsing experience. TON provides a searchable registry of decentralized services and applications
- TON Workchains. TON consists of the master chain and up to 232 work chains with different rulesets, i.e. different formats of account addresses and transactions, virtual machines for smart contracts and basic cryptocurrencies, etc. Yet, work chains can still interact using consistent basic rules. Today there is a wide variety of operating blockchains that are loosely connected to one another. Current attempts to use Bridging to establish interaction between them leave much to be desired in terms of both performance and decentralization levels. TON design will allow pooling all existing blockchains into a unified decentralized network.
The Open Network's current price is $ 1.37, it has increased +1.83% over the past 24 hours.
The Open Network's All Time High (ATH) of $ 5.00 was reached on 25 Dec 2021, and is currently -72.5% down.